2019 AMBASSADOR PROGRAM REGISTRATION INFO
Would you like to:
- Share your energy and talent as the “face” of this year’s training camp?
- Help answer guests’ questions about the training camp and the city?
- Highlight tourism destinations, restaurants, and other points of interest?
- Ensure great customer service and fun for all training camp visitors?
For the seventh year in a row, the Washington Redskins will hold its summer training camp at the Bon Secours Washington Redskins Training Center (2401 W. Leigh Street) in Richmond, VA. The City of Richmond and Washington Redskins are looking for a core group of at least 250 volunteers to serve as Redskins Training Camp Ambassadors, the “face” of Richmond at training camp who help the event run smoothly and ensure that visitors leave Richmond with positive memories and plans to return in the future.
To apply or learn more, click here or call Paul Manning at 804-646-6528
We look forward to welcoming you to the Washington Redskins Ambassador team!
What is a Richmond Training Camp Ambassador?
The Richmond Training Camp Ambassador program allows volunteers to be the “face” of Richmond at the Bon Secours Washington Redskins Training Center. An ambassador is someone that will work hard to make training camp a fun and safe event for all attendees. Program participants help the event operate smoothly by answering questions about training camp while also highlighting tourism destinations, restaurants, and other points of interest in the city.
Ambassadors may be asked to cover areas with limited or no view of the playing field and must be willing to cover the positions assigned to them regardless of the specific duties.
An incentive program has been established to encourage Ambassadors to volunteer for multiple shifts throughout training camp (details are below in the “Incentives” section).
Types of Ambassadors
Fan Experience Ambassador
(morning shift will be from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.; afternoon shift from 2:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.)* Responsibilities may include:
- Greeting guests as they arrive;
- Providing information about the city of Richmond and training camp;
- Assisting with the daily setup/breakdown of the event, which may include moving of tables/chairs and restocking food and drink in VIP area
(morning shift will be from 6:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.; afternoon from 2:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.)* Responsibilities may include:
- Assisting in parking operations by identifying parking passes;
- Performing safety bag checks and distributing credentials at entrance;
- Checking credentials and assisting in controlling access to VIP, media, staff, & other restricted areas;
- Monitoring for any potential security issues and alerting security personnel as appropriate;
- Providing immediate assistance to attendees in the event of an accident or emergency;
- Assisting with crowd control;
*There will be a few dates with only a single practice which will result in only one shift.
How are they selected?
The city of Richmond is seeking approximately 250 Richmond Training Camp Ambassadors who will volunteer for various posted shifts.
Prior to the beginning of training camp, applicants will report to a select location for a brief interview and complete required paperwork. Then, representatives of the city and the Washington Redskins will coordinate in the selection of Ambassadors. Those selected as Ambassadors will receive details pertaining to training camp and an overview of daily responsibilities.
Incentives for Ambassador Participation
All volunteers will receive the following general incentives:
- Volunteer recognition certificate
- Free Redskins hat, t-shirt, and cooling towel
- Discount at the Redskins Training Camp Team Store
- Discount with Training Camp food vendors
- Discount on a personalized brick for Brick Walk entrance
Richmond Training Camp Ambassadors who volunteer for a certain benchmark number of shifts will receive additional awards.
More information about the incentive program (1 shift approximately 5.5 hours):
- 3 Shifts/16 Hours: Free tickets to the Richmond Squirrels “Redskins Day” home game
- 6 Shifts/33 Hours: Opportunity to attend an exclusive private Redskins Practice
- 9 Shifts/50 Hours: Redskins Panel Football
- 12 Shifts/65 Hours: Two upper level tickets and a parking pass to a 2018 Redskins home game against a Non-NFC East opponent (Available non-NFC East games are TBD at this time)
- 70 or more Hours: VIP Tour of FedExField (On Non-Gameday and Subject to Stadium availability)