The board-certified physicians of Bon Secours Sports Medicine and Primary Care are now accepting same-day appointments, which means whether you need general care or sports medicine, good help is always right around the corner.
Sports medicine specialists lead care teams that can include other medical and surgical specialists, as well as primary care physicians, athletic trainers, physical therapists, nutritionists, coaches and others. Sports medicine specialists focus on the general nonsurgical care needs of active people – from athletes of all levels to non athletes who want to stay or become active – and encourage wellness and fitness throughout an individual’s lifespan.
While they do not perform surgeries, they evaluate, diagnose and treat health concerns, and determine the right therapies, including the need to see a surgical specialist. They are physicians specifically trained to help people:
- Prevent and manage illnesses and injuries
- Maintain their ability to move
- Keep muscles, joints, tendons and bones well-functioning
- Lower the risk of disability
- Avoid or reduce time away from activities, work and school
- Understand nutritional needs for growth, healing and better performance